The running of the Institute is overseen by a Governing Board, a Board of Directors and a Scientific Advisory Board. The Genebank Advisory Board advices the Scientific Advisory Board in matters of specific concern to the Genebank.
Board of Directors
The Board of Directors is a collegial body consisting of scientific department heads and the Administrative Director. The Board of Trustees appoints a scientific department head as Managing Director for a period of three years.
- Prof. Dr. Andreas Graner, Managing Director and Head of the Departement Genebank
- Dr. Johannes Heilmann, Head of Administration
- Prof. Dr. Jochen Reif, Head of the Departement Breeding Research
- Prof. Dr. Thomas Altmann, Head of the Departement Molecular Genetics
- Prof. Dr. Nicolaus von Wirén, Head of the Departement Physiology and Cell Biology