Von: O. Danielowski
Research Group Leader (f/m/d) - Metabolic Diversity
Reference Number: 64/08/18
Within the research program Growth Dynamics of the Molecular Genetics Department, which addresses molecular mechanisms of plant performance, the leader of the research group Metabolic Diversity is expected to devise and carry out internationally competitive research on genetically determined and environmentally triggered variation of primary and/or specialized metabolism in plants. Suitable plant populations are investigated jointly with the research groups utilizing IPK's automated plant phenotyping and environment simulation platforms. The Metabolic Diversity group subjects the accquired extensive data sets to integrative systems analyses towards the identification of mediators and regulators of metabolic processes and the elucidation of relations of metabolic feature with crop plant vitality and productivity.
- You carry out independent and internationally visible research within the mission of the IPK and the Department Molecular Genetics.
- You instruct and guide the members of your group.
- You acquire and analyse GC-MS- and LC-MS-based metabolite profiles of plants exhibiting performance variation.
- You are involved in and support institute- and department-wide research initiatives.
- You raise third party research funding.
Your qualifications and skills:
- You hold a PhD in Biochemistry or Molecular Biology or any related area.
- You demonstrated your reputation in this field of research by publications and conference contributions.
- You have strong expertise in biochemical analytics in plants and related bioinformatics / data analysis procedures and in molecular plant physiology.
- You have basic knowledge in programming and developmental biology of plants and in statistics.
You fit to us:
- You are competent in co-worker supervision.
- You have experience in interdisciplinary interaction and co-operation.
- You have demonstrated fund-raising skills.
- You want to work in a world-class research centre with state-of-the-art facilities and scientists from all over the world.
We offer you:
- An immediately available tenure track position to be converted into a long-term status after a period of four years depending on qualifications and upon positive evaluation.
- A gross salary up to 100 % E14 TV-L.
If you need further information feel free to contact Prof. Dr. Thomas Altmann (altmann(at)ipk-gatersleben.de) Tel.: +49 (0) 39482 5214.
What you need to know:
For us, your qualifications and strengths count. Therefore, everyone - independent from gender, origin, age, or possible disability - is welcome. The IPK is striving to increase the proportion of women in sectors where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages qualified women to apply. As an institution which has been awarded the Certificate for Career and Family ("berufundfamilie"), we offer family-friendly working conditions and flexible working hours. The IPK has set a goal to employ more people with disabilities. Qualified applicants with a disability will be given preference.
We are looking forward to receive your online-application (http://www.ipk-gatersleben.de/en/job-offers/). If you have questions or require more information, please do contact Mr. Danielowski (jobs(at)ipk-gatersleben.de). Please indicate the reference number 64/08/18 in your correspondence.