(1) mRNA isolation and amplification at the micro scale for
- transcript profiling
- new generation transcriptome sequencing.
(2) Laser-assisted microdissection and subsequent transcript and metabolite profiling
LAM-based RNA-seq to analyse the transcriptome of
- developing barley grain and spike tissues
- remobilizing tissues
- N-transporter genes
- phloem and transfer tissues from the whole plant
Metabolite profiling at the micro-scale is done in cooperation with David Riewe, Ag Heterosis.
Citation: Thiel et al., 2011; Brandt et al., 2018
(3) Histological methods
- mRNA in situ hybridization
- TUNEL assay (in cooperation with Diana Weier, Leibniz Institute for Plant Biochemistry, Halle, Germany).