The Leibniz Postdoc Network was founded to provide a communication platform for all postdoctoral researchers in the Leibniz Association, thereby creating a distinguishable and united voice of an important group of researchers.
The overall aims of the network are to:
- promote cross-disciplinary exchange between Leibniz postdocs
- on a personal and professional level
- on topics such a career challenges, networking, big data, digitalisation, open science, public outreach, and scientific societal challenges
- create structures for a central career support, accessible for all Leibniz postdocs
- establish a corporate identity as „Leibniz Postdocs“ and the formation of a strong network including Alumni and external organisations/industry/politics
The IPK Postdoc Board is involved in the Leibniz Postdoc Network and participates at the annual meetings. Currently, Dr. Mary-Ann Blätke is a Section Officer for "Life Science" Section of the Leibniz Postdoc Network. A short report of the last annual meeting of the Leibniz Postdoc Network can be found here.