What is eduroam ?
"eduroam (education roaming) is the secure, world-wide roaming access service developed for the international research and education community.
eduroam allows students, researchers and staff from participating institutions to obtain Internet connectivity across campus and when visiting other participating institutions by simply opening their laptop."
Informations for guests
- Obtain a valid eduroam account at your home institution. No local registration at IPK is necessary.
- Use the network with the SSID 'eduroam' to connect, when you are in reach of a wireless access point.
- Authenticate with the credentials provided by your home institution.
- Alternative: Guests without a valid eduroam account can get wireless access in the 'guest' network. Please obtain a free access ticket at the information desk at the entrance.
Hint: WLAN access is currently only available on some spots of the IPK-campus.
Informations for members of IPK
- As a member of IPK you have eduroam access in all partnering institutions around the world with your IPK-account and password. No further registration is necessary.
- At the IPK-campus NO access to 'eduroam' is provided with your IPK account. Please use the network with the SSID 'ipk' for wireless access.
- http://www.eduroam.de/ - eduroam (DFN-Roaming) in Germany (with a map of access points
- http://www.eduroam.org/ - eduroam worldwide
In case of technical problems contact our administrators: