The research group Domestication Genomics studies domestication and adaptation processes and their interaction with genetic diversity in crops and their wild relatives. Research is mainly focused on the temperate cereals barley, wheat, and oat. We take advantage of the large number of wild and domesticated accessions that are maintained in the IPK genebank. We are currently conducting genebank genomics projects in wheat and barley with the aim of characterizing genetic diversity in our collections, comparing it to other genebanks and linking genotypes to agronomic phenotypes.
- Retrieve protein sequences from our genebank accessions
- Predict thousands of protein structures using our local installation of AlphaFold
- Propose and develop comparative analysis of protein structures regarding function
- Write and share clear codes
- Report your work in scientific journals and oral presentations
Your qualifications and skills:
- You hold a PhD in biophysics or related field.
- You have good programming skills.
- You have a good knowledge of protein structure and function.
- You have good communication skills and will to collaborate with researchers from different disciplines.
- You have problem solving skills.
You fit to us:
- If you have a strong interest in protein structure and function.
- If you are able to think computationally.
- If you already have good programming and scientific practices.
- If you are able to work autonomously and in team.
We offer you:
- Close interaction with academic supervisor.
- A good infrastructure and welcoming work environment.
- A full-time position (100 %) limited according to § 2 WissZeitVG max. until 31.12.2025 with a standard salary up to TV-L E13.
- Accommodation in IPK guest house (on request)
If you need further information, feel free to contact Dr. Amanda Souza Camara Tel.: +49 (0) 39482 5833.
What you need to know:
For us, your qualifications and strengths count. Therefore, everyone is welcome – independent of gender, origin, age, or disability. The IPK is striving to increase the proportion of women in sectors where they are underrepresented and, therefore, explicitly encourages qualified women to apply. Our institute has been certified for Career and Family (“berufundfamilie”), and we offer family-friendly working conditions and flexible working hours. The IPK has set a goal to employ more people with disabilities. Qualified applicants with a disability will be given preference.
We are looking forward to receiving your online-application (http://www.ipk-gatersleben.de/en/job-offers/) by 04.10.2023. If you have questions or require more information, please contact Kerstin Schweigert (jobs[at]ipk-gatersleben.de). Please indicate the reference number 33/08/23 in your correspondence. Foreign qualifications must carry out an equivalence test in Germany, which is subject to a fee. This must be presented in the event of a later hiring:https://www.kmk.org/zab/central-office-for-foreign-education/statement-of-comparability-for-foreign-higher-education-qualifications.html