The research group Meiosis is interested in the process of plant meiosis that generates genetic variation through homologous recombination that is harnessed in plant breeding. To support our team, we are looking for one highly motivated postdoctoral candidate in frame of the ERC-funded project MEIOBARMIX.
- You will uncover new strategies and develop novel tools to modify plant meiotic recombination outcome aiming to accelerate plant breeding.
- Based on genome editing and novel single pollen nuclei genotyping tools, you will explore strategies for triggering meiotic recombination using Arabidopsis as model and barley as crop.
- You will present results at scientific meetings and write journal articles.
You fit to us:
- … if you are fascinated by plant sciences.
- … if you see your future in academic research and you have a strong drive to succeed.
- … if you want to work in a modern research center with state-of-the-art facilities.
- … if you want to become a member of a young, dynamic and multi-cultural team.
Your qualifications and skills:
- A Ph.D. degree in the field of molecular cell biology, plant genetics or a related discipline.
- Knowledge of molecular, cell biological and/or cytogenetic techniques.
- Experience in the field of meiosis, DNA repair and/or in working with reproductive processes in plants are desirable.
- Good command of English.
- Strong publication record.
We offer you:
- … a cutting-edge research environment.
- … friendly and productive working atmosphere.
- … ERC-funded postdoctoral position as a unique opportunity to advance your career.
- … a full-time employment initially for 36 months – starting by 01.11.2021 or later.
- … a gross salary up to E13 TV-L.
If you need further information feel free to contact Dr. Stefan Heckmann Tel.: +49 (0) 39482 5608.
What you need to know:
For us, your qualifications and strengths count. Therefore, everyone – independent of gender, origin, age, or possible disability – is welcome. IPK is striving to increase the proportion of women in sectors where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages qualified women to apply. As an institution which has been awarded the Certificate for Career and Family (“berufundfamilie”), we offer family-friendly working conditions and flexible working hours. IPK has set a goal to employ more people with disabilities. Qualified applicants with a disability will be given preference.
We are looking forward to receive your complete application (letter of motivation, CV, certificates) as one single pdf-document until 21.09.2021 via online-application.If you have questions or require more information, please do contact Ms. Stefanie Dreßler (jobs(at)ipk-gatersleben.de). Please indicate the reference number 35/08/21 in your correspondence. Please note that incomplete application documents cannot be considered.