The research group "Automated Plant Phenotyping" has an open position for a PhD Student to study developmental heterochrony in crop plant populations using automated phenotyping and omic technologies. This DFG-funded project collaborates with the Network Analysis and Modelling and Image Analysis groups. It combines data science/machine learning with the design and execution of biological experiments and the operation of automated phenotyping systems.
- You work on a project developing and implementing approaches for analysing developmental trajectories in multi-modal data.
- You design and conduct deep phenotyping experiments using automated plant phenotyping systems.
- You present your results at conferences and write journal articles.
Your qualifications and skills:
- You hold a Master's degree (or equivalent) in plant physiology, plant breeding, statistics, biostatistics, bioinformatics, or related fields.
- You have familiarity with R and Python.
You fit to us:
- …if you are motivated and creative.
- …if you have strong writing and oral communication skills.
- …if you can work both independently and collaboratively.
- …if you are keen on plant phenotyping and data mining.
We offer you:
- …an engaging research project.
- …a collaborative and productive working environment.
- …an employment starting on 01.11.2023 or later, limited to 3 years.
- …a gross salary up to 65% E13 TV-L.
If you need further information feel free to contact Dr. Kerstin Neumann Tel.: +49 (0)39482 5571.
What you need to know:
For us, your qualifications and strengths count. Therefore, everyone – independent from gender, origin, age, or possible disability – is welcome. The IPK is striving to increase the proportion of women in sectors where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages qualified women to apply. As an institution which has been awarded the Certificate for Career and Family (“berufundfamilie”), we offer family-friendly working conditions and flexible working hours. The IPK has set a goal to employ more people with disabilities. Qualified applicants with a disability will be given preference.
We are looking forward to receive your online-application (letter of motivation, CV, certificates) as one single pdf document (http://www.ipk-gatersleben.de/en/job-offers/) until 29.09.2023. If you have questions or require more information, please do contact Kerstin Schweigert (jobs[at]ipk-gatersleben.de).
Please indicate the reference number 38/09/23 in your correspondence. Please note that incomplete application documents cannot be considered. Foreign qualifications must carry out an equivalence test in Germany, which is subject to a fee. This must be presented in the event of later hiring: https://www.kmk.org/zab/central-office-for-foreign-education/statement-ofcomparability-for-foreign-higher-education-qualifications.html